Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Start of a Journey

First of all, I need to apologize for not updating this blog for the past little while...of course only about 4 people checked it out so far anyway, so it doesn't seem like there is a massive outcry against me. Anyway. things have been incredibly busy and hectic out here. First of all, I got engaged...which is awesome, and then the hectic thing is...the wedding is in just over a month. That's right, August 24 I will be tying the knot with my beautiful fiancee Kristi. Marriage is a wonderful thing isn't it? Of course, currently I am speaking as an outsider, as I have not personally experienced marriage, but the concept and purpose is amazing. Two people becoming one. Seperate individuals becoming one identity. It's beautiful. God created something amazing. Unfortunately, our world has made a mockery of marriage. Divorce, especially amongst celebrities and other "role models" is rampant, and almost expected. Abuse is common, and unfaithfulness lurks around every corner. I haven't even mentioned the whole same-sex marriage controversy. What has happened to the beautiful thing that God created with Adam and Eve?
God wants to marry us. That perhaps sounds weird, and twisted, but it's true. Just a man becomes one with his wife, God wants us to become one with him. He doesn't want us to live as two seperate identities, only knowing eachother as aquaintances. He wants to be ONE with us. He wants to be the first person you talk to, the last person you talk to, and the top priority in your life. Talk with him, laugh with him, spend time with him. Give him your all, just as, in a marriage (as they are suppossed to be anyway) the husband gives his all to serve, honour and respect his wife. What are you waiting for? Walk down the aisle, God is waiting at the front. It will be the start of a gorgeous journey. Yes, it will have many difficult times; what marriage doesn't, but the whole entity is beautiful. Give him your all. Give him everything you are, and say "I do".

1 comment:

Breanne said...

CONGRATS!! I am so pumped for you guys!!!!
I wish you the very best and I really hope I can make it!